Sunday, March 07, 2010

Me

So I don't normally do a post about me but I need to get this out because it is really bugging me. So you really don't have to read this.

I have never been the tiny skinny girl but I liked the way I looked. Not any more!!!! Some how in 12 years I have gained to much to even print. I know I have 4 kids and some of it is from that. It use to come off but now it stays there just haunting me. It is starting to affect my mood. I know I need to work on it. This is what I have been telling my self since January. It is now March. Still nothing. I want to like myself agin.

This is me 4 years ago 5 months preg. I don't look that bad. Not great but I only needed to lose a little weight to look ok.

This is me last month. Not Pregnant and I look awful!!!
I now it requires just a little bit of discipline and time to make it work. In my head I know this. Though some how it isn't turning out that way. Some day I want to be a person who likes the way they look. My husband is the greatset and hasn't said a word about the weight. I love him so much. I want to feel attractive for him and me. Hopefully this will motivate me to do something.







6 comments:

Carrie said...

Kelli, I love you!! I love that you wrote a blog post about YOU. It's so very therapeutic...that's probably why I do it way too much. We all love you because of the amazing person you are. Now about the issue at hand - I promise you do not look "awful," you're gorgeous!You feeling good about yourself is so important. You know yourself better than anyone, and you know what you can do...you're capable of amazing things. Just keep that picture hanging around where you'll see it often and keep the goal in sight. You can do it! Blog about it, talk about it, let your friends and family be your cheerleaders. And call me too! We'll fight off the brownies together!!!

Kelli said...

carrie you are the best. That is so what I needed. Writing about it did make me feel better. Thanks for letting me know I have a cheerleader.

Leslie said...

Kelli, don't get too discouraged. You are a very pretty girl and you have a small baby. Start with doing some exercise. It is motivating. Tom has lost a lot of weight in the last several months and it is a lot of work. Start small, you can do it! Did you know weight watchers is on line? I know people who have been successful with it. Your Aunt Leslie

Crystalin Dunn said...

Hey Kel, cheerleader squad checkin in! Girl, I'm glad you blogged about YOU too! If I was gonna write a blog about you, I would say "Kelli is one of my favorite people on the whole planet! She is so easy to be with because she never judges, never criticizes, just enjoys you how you come. She has a great laugh, and always loves to laugh with you. I love her with all my heart, and couldn't ask for a better sister!" Kel, you're so good at accepting others, just make sure you include yourself in that category. You are so much more than what's on the scale. I know you can be happy with how you look, but honestly, I think you're beautiful. That hair, that smile, that big heart!!!! One step at a time, don't get overwhelmed, and know that I'm rooting for you! If you wanna check it out, there's a website I like called Fit Yummy Mummy. GO KELLI!!!!!

TaraS said...

Hey Miss Kelli!! We all love you for being you, but you are right. It is hard to be comfortable in your own skin when you aren't digging your look. I know what you mean... not exactly, but some what.

I have been taking time for myself this year too. I am feeling better and for that my mood is better. I would have to recommend jumping in feet first and just forcing a mental change. Yoga and biking have been helping here. Also running stairs when my knees feel okay.

I will be rooting for you, and let me know if I can help at all!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelli,
I was checking out Carrie's blog and saw your link. It was so fun to look at all your pictures and read your posts. I know what you mean about not being happy with appearance. I look in the mirror and I am shocked (who is that old lady?), BUT I have to say... I think you look great. As active as you are the extra will come off. :)
Love, Vicki